Criteria for Dutchess County Young Democrats membership:
- A Member of DCYD is anyone who:
- Is no younger than sixteen years of age and who has not yet reached the age of forty-one.
- Is registered to vote as a Democrat in the County of Dutchess, New York.
- A Voting Member is a member who has attended one of the three previous general meetings.
- The executive board may, by a majority vote, issue an excused absence to a member for reasonable cause. Such a member must still have attended one of the three previous meetings for
which they have not received an excuse.
- No person shall be denied membership on the basis of race, gender, religion, economic status,
national origin, or sexual orientation.
- An honorary member may be elected by a majority vote at any meeting of the Committee. Honorary members have none of the obligations of membership in the Club, but shall be entitled to all of the privileges except those of making motions, of voting, and of holding office.
The Dutchess County Young Democrats request a $25 annual membership fee.